Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd. is India’s first Standalone Health Insurance provider which commenced its business in 2006. Today, the company has become a market leader which offers multiple insurance products including Health, Personal Accident and Overseas Travel Insurance etc., thereby fulfilling varied needs of different sections of the society. It is also prominently into bancassurance with long standing relationships with several Indian banks.
About Star Health Insurance
Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd. is India’s first Standalone Health Insurance provider which commenced its business in 2006. Today, the company has become a market leader which offers multiple insurance products including Health, Personal Accident and Overseas Travel Insurance etc., thereby fulfilling varied needs of different sections of the society. It is also prominently into bank assurance with long standing relationships with several Indian banks. With more than 10,600 employees and 550 branches across the country, Star Health Insurance has become a renowned name in the Indian insurance industry. One of the most promising segments that the company deals in is Health Insurance.
Star Health Insurance offers a wide range of affordable health insurance products for individuals, families, and Corporates. The plans cover the insured for medical check-ups, AYUSH systems of medicines, critical illnesses, and hospitalisation expenses. Also, now you can find coronavirus coverage under health insurance plans offered by Star health Insurance. The company also offers health insurance plans for autistic children which makes its offerings unique. One of the major benefits of buying Star Health Insurance plans is that no co-payment is required for individuals below 60 years of age.
How to Buy Star Health Insurance Policy?
You can buy plans in two modes online and offline modes. Read the steps below:
Buy Star Health Insurance Plan Online at InsuranceDekho
Step 1: Visit https://www.starhealth.in/
Step 2: Select your gender. Fill in your Name and Mobile Number. You will receive a One Time Password on the entered number. Please enter that.
Step 3: Let us know ‘When do you want to buy the policy’ by selecting an option from the drop-down list.
Step 4: Select the family members you want to include under the health insurance plan. Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
Step 5: Select the age of the chosen family members.
Step 6: Enter your Email ID and City. Click on the ‘Submit and View Quotes’ button. You will see the most suitable quotes for you on the screen. Click on the one you wish to buy.
Step 7: Select the policy period for the chosen health insurance plan. Enter the required details and make the payment.
Top Star Health Insurance Plan Types
Plans cover you against most of your medical expenses in case of any illness, sickness, disease or an accident. Following are the top 5 plans offered by the Star Health Insurance:
1. Star Family Health Optima Policy: Family Health Optima covers you and your entire family under a single sum insured. You can take this policy if you are aged between 18 years and 65 years and reside in India. The policy offers you many benefits including cover for air ambulance, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, in-patient hospitalisation expenses, etc. which you can avail for sum insured options ranging between Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 25 lakh.
2. Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Policy: Star Comprehensive Policy covers you if you are aged between 3 months and 65 years. The best part about this plan is that it comes without any sub-limit or capping. Also, it covers you against expenses related to outpatient medical consultation and domiciliary hospitalisation in addition to covers for day care procedures, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, air ambulance expenses. You can choose sum insured options between Rs. 5 lakh and Rs. 25 lakh under this policy.
3. Star Medi Classic Insurance Policy: Medi Classic Insurance Policy is an individual health insurance policy that covers you against hospitalisation expenses arising due to any illness, sickness, disease or an accident. You can be covered under this policy if you are aged between 5 months and 65 years. The plan offers several coverage features including cover for daycare treatments, health check-up, non-allopathic treatments, in-patient hospitalisation cover, and ambulance charges. You can choose add-on benefits of hospital cash and patient care under this plan. HIV positive individuals are also eligible to buy this policy.
4. Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy: Senior Citizens Red Carpet Insurance Policy is especially designed keeping in mind the requirements of senior citizens. The policy offers lifelong renewals and can be purchased by anyone who is aged between 60 years and 75 years. You can buy this policy on an individual or floater sum insured basis and choose from the sum insured options ranging between Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 25 lakh. Available for terms of 1, 2, and 3 years, the policy offers you many benefits such as lifelong renewals, cover for hospitalisation expenses, health check-up, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, and emergency hospitalisation expenses.
5. Young Star Insurance Policy: Available on an individual and floater basis, the Young Star policy by Star Health Insurance covers individuals aged between 18 years and 40 years for a sum insured ranging between Rs. 3 lakh and Rs. 1 crore. The policy is available for a term of 1 and 2 years, and offers lifelong renewals along with other benefits including cover for in-patient hospitalisation expenses, road ambulance, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses among other coverages.
What Is A Health Insurance Top-up Plan and Why Should I Buy It?
A health insurance top-up plan is an additional coverage which you can avail if you have an existing plan. These plans reimburse the medical expenditure incurred due to a single illness in excess of the sum insured limit mentioned in your existing policy. Thus, a top-up health insurance plan helps you increase the cover at reasonable premiums.
As a precautionary measure, it is wise to have a top-up plan added to your standard health insurance plan as they offer you the following benefits:
- Extended coverage
- Affordable premium
- Financial stability in times of rising healthcare costs
- Tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
Star Health Insurance offers Star Super Surplus Insurance Policy as a top-up plan which you can purchase on an individual or floater basis for extended coverage of your base health insurance policy. This Star top-up policy offers you several benefits including all daycare procedures, organ donor expenses, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, and air ambulance.
Why Choose Star Health Insurance?
Star Health Insurance offers the following benefits to the policyholders:
- Wide Coverage: Star Health Insurance plans offer you and your family financial protection against several healthcare expenses in times of illness, sickness, medical emergencies and accidents.
- 24*7 Assistance Services: Star Health Insurance’s friendly representatives are there to assist you 24*7.
- Cashless Treatment: Star Health Insurance has tie-ups with more than 9,900 network hospitals where you can avail hassle-free cashless treatment.
- Add-on Benefits: Health insurance plans offered by Star Health Insurance come with several add-on benefits like hospital cash, patient care, etc. to help you get an extensive coverage by paying a little extra premium.
- Variety of Health Insurance Plans: Star Health Insurance offers a wide variety of health insurance plans especially designed for individuals, families, and corporates.
Network Hospitals of Star Health Insurance
A network hospital is a hospital that has an agreement with the health insurance company to offer cashless treatment. Star Health Insurance has tie-ups with more than 9,900 network hospitals across India where you can avail cashless treatment and need not make arrangements to raise funds to seek treatment as the insurer directly settles bills at these hospitals. The record of these hospitals can be found on the website of Star Health Insurance
How to Make A Claim For Star Health Insurance?
Star Health Insurance offers a customer-friendly and hassle-free claim settlement process to ensure timely processing of claims. Under health insurance plans offered by Star Health Insurance. You can make cashless claims as well as reimbursement claims.
What Is the Cashless Claim Process of Star Health Insurance
Follow the steps given below to avail cashless treatment under Star Health Insurance plans:
Step 1: Reach A Network Hospital
Visit the insurance desk at a network hospital. Intimate Star Health Insurance by calling them at 1800 425 2255 / 1800 102 4477 or dropping an email at [email protected]
Step 2: Show Your Star Health ID Card
Show your Star Health ID card at reception of the network hospital for identification.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
Submit the documents related to pre-admission investigations and consultation at the hospital.
Step 4: Verification of Documents
Before processing your claim according to the terms and conditions, the doctors will verify all the documents submitted. An assigned representative may visit you at the hospital if necessary.
Step 5: Settlement of Claim
The network hospital will send claim documents to Star Health Insurance after you get discharged. The claim will then be settled directly by the insurer with the hospital.
How To Make A Star Health Reimbursement Claim?
Follow the steps given below to avail reimbursement facility under Star Health Insurance plans:
Step 1: Get Hospitalised
To avail the required medical treatment, you can get hospitalised at a hospital of your choice.
Step 2: Get Treatment and Pay The Bills
After getting the required medical treatment, settle the bills with the hospital. After clearing the bills, initiate a reimbursement claim with Star Health Insurance for the incurred medical expenses subject to the sum insured. Make sure you collect all the medical bills from the hospital.
Documents Required For Star Health Claim Reimbursement
Following documents are required during a Star Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim Settlement process:
• A copy of Star Health ID card
• Duly filled claim form
• Original discharge summary received from the hospital
• Papers related to pre-admission investigations and doctor’s consultation
• Medical reports (X-ray, blood tests, scans, etc.)
• Invoices and prescriptions from the pharmacy
• Receipts from the chemist as well as hospital
• FIR and/or Medico Legal Certificate in case of an accident
• A copy of the KYC documents
• NEFT details, Email ID and contact number
Step 3: Fill The Star Health Claim Form
After initiating a reimbursement claim process, you will be required to fill a Star Health reimbursement claim form. Submit the form along with all the required documents at the nearest Star Health Insurance office or at their online portal.
Step 4: Settlement of Claim
After the completion of all the formalities, Star Health Insurance will settle your claim as per the terms and conditions of your policy and therein mentioned sum insured. Note that you will have to pay for the non-payable expenses from your own pocket.
Star Health Insurance Renewal Process
Star Health Insurance policies can be renewed after every 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years, depending upon the policy term chosen. Star Health insurance offers a grace period of at least 15 days (varies from plan to plan) during which you can pay renewal premium and seek continuous coverage under your health insurance plan. Follow the below-mentioned steps to renew your health insurance policy with Star Health Insurance:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Star Health Insurance and open the ‘Renewal’ page.
Step 2: Fill in the policy details (policy number and date of birth).
Step 3: Click on the ‘Renew Now’ tab.
Step 4: Check the policy details and premium to be paid for policy renewal.
Step 5: Make the payment online using the available payment options.
Your policy will be renewed, thereby enabling you to continue to enjoy the insurance coverage under your Star Health Insurance plan.