Several measures have been introduced by the Passport Seva Portal to improve the governance of Passport Offices. The main aim of these measures is to ensure comfort, enhance security, and transparency. It is mandatory that the online payment is made before you visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). An appointment must be made before you visit the PSK. It is important that you carry the relevant documents before visiting the PSK.
Procedure to Check Appointment Availability at PSK
The step-by-step to check the appointment availability at a PSK is mentioned below:
- Visit https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/apptAvailStatusGrid.
- Choose the passport office and enter the captcha.
- Click on ‘Check Appointment Availability’.
- The details will be displayed on the next page.
Procedure to Submit the Form Online
It is mandatory that the form is submitted online and an appointment has been scheduled before you visit the PSK. The step-by-step procedure to submit the form online is mentioned below:
1: Visit the official website of Passport Seva
2: Complete the registration process on the portal by clicking on the ‘Register Now’ link on the home page
3: Use your registered login credentials to log in to the Passport Seva Online Portal
4: Click on the ‘Apply for Fresh Passport / Re-issue of Passport’ link marked on the portal
5: Fill up the application form with the relevant information and submit the same
6: Click on the ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ button
7: Press ‘View Saved / Submitted Applications’ button to set up the date of your appointment
8: Click on the ‘Print Application Receipt’ link to print your application receipt which contains your Application Reference Number (ARN)
9: Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or the Regional Passport Office (RPO) on your appointment date and submit the prescribed documents for verification
PSK Counter ‘A’
- Enter the booth when your token number is displayed on the monitor.
- Your documents will be checked. Documents that are not necessary will be returned. Necessary documents will be uploaded on the Passport Seva (PSP) Portal.
- You will then be given a print-out of your uploaded personal information which will need to be reviewed and signed. The verified information will also be uploaded on the portal.
PSK Counter ‘B’
- You will need to enter the counter once the token number is displayed.
- Your original documents will be verified at this counter as well.
PSK Counter ‘C’
- In this counter, the passport application will be approved or denied.
- ‘Granted’ status indicates that the passport has been approved.
- Police verification status is determined here i.e. passport to be granted based on No Police Verification or After Police Verification
The applicant will receive an Acknowledgement Letter from the Exit Counter. This document will have to be maintained carefully as it can be used to track the application status.
If the status given is pre police verification, the Passport would be printed after a police report has been provided.
Applicants can contact the Passport Seva Kendra or any of the helpline numbers in case of additional queries.