Hiring at Boston Consulting Group (BCG) – Finance Associate, (2022)
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a general management-consulting firm, widely regarded as a global leader in business strategy consulting. The firm has built its worldwide practice on intellectual leadership and has helped change the way many corporations approach, and engage in, competition. Many of BCG’s strategic concepts are taught at leading business schools and executive education programs around the world.
The position is a member of the Global Services Finance shared services team in Delhi. The finance associate will be closely working with Functional finance & Worldwide Team. This team provides business partnering and finance support across BCG’s internal functional finance & WWI portfolio.
The finance associate will be closely working with the senior members in team and is primarily responsible for preparing management reports, support month-end close activities & planning process. The role will include, but not be limited to, support in the following key areas
YOU’RE GOOD AT
Business level reporting & analysis:
- Management Reporting support across all functions and BCG’s internal stakeholders.
- Support the analysts with preparation of month end reports and other ad-hoc reporting.
- Prepare and assist with the system load process as part of the quarterly planning cycle.
- Becoming a subject matter expert through ownership and support of the project code process including opening, closing and editing project codes for effective reporting etc.
- Leveraging technical and functional expertise to support data requests, analysis and maintenance for models and systems used in support of functional areas
- Gaining a detailed understanding of BCG’s finance systems (Oracle GL, SAP Business Objects, HFM, AP) and data management.
- Developing and maintaining data visualizations to supplement current reporting provided to management and other key stakeholders with help of Alteryx and tableau.
- Leveraging base level knowledge to provide ad-hoc or backup support to other functional areas on an “as needed” basis
- Share best practices within the team and contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results
Project support/process improvement:
- Assist in developing reporting dashboards (using Tableau, Alteryx)
- Assist in providing data and developing requirements to be communicated among the development, systems, and decision support teams
- Support ongoing updates and enhancements to reporting platform after initial roll-out
- Use fresh perspective to develop new and/or streamline processes
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
The ideal candidate will possess both the technical qualifications for the role as well as other intangible attributes.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics/CA or equivalent certification; with experience and strong interest in accounting concepts and reporting & analysis
- 2-3 years relevant work experience
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Analytical mind set with willingness to provide a wide range of financial services from routine tasks to intricate financial management data
- MS Excel, Word proficiency and adaptable to several software applications
- Systems experience preferred: Tableau, Alteryx, Hyperion, Business Objects and other comparable systems
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple priorities and deliverables
- Strong accuracy and rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize data and consistent attention to detail
- Demonstrates sound judgment, high level of initiative and resourcefulness
- Comfort with multi-tasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and willingness to embrace an iterative process
- Flexibility, comfort and desire to dig in and work through the details
Strong Communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Understands value of an iterative process
- Ability to work effectively in team environment and independently
- Good judgment, strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative style;
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and changing situations with tact, poise, and patience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Work management, organization and planning
- Flexibility to multi-task on different projects in a fast paced organization
- Proven ability to plan work effectively and prioritize work even in stressful situations
- Reliable and timely
- Versatility and openness towards new ideas and change
Customer and business focus
- Demonstrates responsiveness, initiative, and an orientation toward service and broader business needs
- Professional and courteous approach and style
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Receptive to feedback and motivated to quickly learn new topics and skills
- High level of initiative and flexibility
YOU’LL WORK WITH
The position is a member of the Global Services Finance shared services team whose key customers include Functional Finance, Global Analysis, Global Planning, Global Accounting & Control Finance teams. The team falls under the direction of the Global Services Finance Director. The position is built around teamwork and meeting customers’ needs. The team works jointly on projects discussing output and issues, sharing hypotheses, and iterating the analysis