Bank of Baroda Home Loan – Everything to Know
Bank of Baroda Home Loan is an Indian state-owned International banking and financial services company headquartered in Vadodara (earlier known as Baroda) in Gujarat, India. It has a network of 5538 branches and 10,441 ATMs. Bank of Baroda provides a wide range of banking products and financial services to corporate and retail customers.
What Is a Home Loan?
Home Loan is offered to individuals who wish to construct or buy a house. The property bought or about to be constructed is mortgaged as collateral until the repayment of the loan is completed with full interest. The repayment of the loan generally depends on the capacity of the borrower. Normally, the home loan tenure ranges between 5 to 30 years. The borrower can opt either for floating type of interest or fixed interest rate. Home loan provides tax benefits to the borrowers.
An Introduction to Bank of Baroda Bank Home Loans
Bank of Baroda Bank offers a wide range of services in the personal loan segment. It is the most preferred bank by all kinds of people for any financial service. Bank of Baroda Bank provides customised home loan solutions for purchase of a house, construction and extension of dwelling units. Packed with exclusive benefits, Bank of Baroda Bank Home Loans are tailor made, catering to the needs of various customers.
Advantages of Bank of Baroda Bank Home Loans
- Attractive interest rates with floating and fixed type based on your preference
- Low processing fees
- Less paperwork
- No prepayment charges
- Easy home loan balance transfer
- Transparent application process
- Flexible repayment options
- Door step assistance provided
Features of Bank of Baroda Bank Home Loan
|Eligibility Criteria||Salaried and Self-Employed|
|Loan Tenure||Up to 30 years|
|Loan Amount||No cap, depending on your repayment capacity|
|Interest Rate||8.30% – 9.60%|
|Processing Fees||Up to 0.50% of the loan amount|
Bank of Baroda Bank home loan aims to help millions of people achieve their dream of owning a house.
Depending on your repayment capacity
Up to 30 years of repayment period is available under Bank of Baroda home loan scheme.
No penalty is levied on prepayment
0.50% of the loan amount or INR 11,800, whichever is minimum.
Floating and Fixed
Home Loan Transfer:
You can transfer your home loan from other bank to Bank of Baroda Bank at ease.
- Free credit card for home loan borrowers with a loan limit of INR 2 Lakhs
- 0.25% concession for car loan
- Close relatives can be co-applicants without being the joint owner
- Risk based pricing for home loan
Top Up Home Loan
Bank of Baroda allows you to get additional funding over your existing home loan. It can be used to renovate your house, fund your child’s education, new home theatre system etc.
Interest Rate on Bank of Baroda Home Loans
The interest rate ranges between 8.30% to 9.60%. However, the rate of interest is subject to change at the sole discretion of the bank.
To avail the home loan from Bank of Baroda, you need to have the following eligibility criteria.
- You should be over 21 years of age.
- Steady source of income
Documents Required to Apply for Bank of Baroda Bank Home Loans
Important documents to be submitted while applying for home loan with Bank of Baroda Bank
- Completed loan application
- 3 Passport size photographs
- Proof of identify (photo copies of Voters ID card/ Passport/ Driving licence/ IT PAN card)
- Proof of residence (photo copies of recent Telephone Bills/ Electricity Bill)
- Statement of Bank Account/ Pass Book for last six months
- Form 16/IT returns for the last two financial years for salaried employees
- IT returns for the three years for self-employed professionals
- Property tax receipt
- Proof of business address for non-salaried individuals
- Personal assets and liabilities statement
For guarantor (wherever applicable):
- Personal Assets and Liabilities Statement
- 2 passport size photographs
- Proof of identification as above
- Proof of residence as above
- Proof of business address as above
- Signature identification from his/her present bankers
EMI Payment Methods
Your Bank of Baroda Bank home loan can be repaid in following three ways.
Standing Instruction (SI):
If you are an existing account holder with Bank of Baroda Bank, Standing Instruction is the best mode of repayment. Your EMI amount will be debited automatically at the end of the monthly cycle from the Bank of Baroda Bank account you specify.
Electronic Clearing Service (ECS):
This mode can be used if you have a non-Bank of Baroda Bank account and would like your EMIs to be debited automatically at the end of the monthly cycle from this account.
Post-Dated Cheques (PDCs):
You can submit post-dated EMI cheques from a non-Bank of Baroda Bank account at your nearest Bank of Baroda Bank Loan Centre. A fresh set of PDCs will have to be submitted in a timely manner. Please note Post Dated Cheques will be collected non-ECS locations only.It is recommended that you opt for either the SI or ECS mode of payment for faster and less prone to error than the use of PDCs.
How to Apply for Bank of Baroda Bank Home Loan?
You can either apply online or visit a nearby Bank of Baroda Bank branch for the application. You can also download the home loan application form from the Bank of Baroda Bank official website, complete the form and submit it the bank representative.